2001 Thomas - opinions wanted
Found this for $12k
I am not handy with engines. I need something that is likely to be less (vs more) trouble. Before I go on the road full time I need electrical system for shore and boondocking, water system for 1 sink plus large fresh and gray water tanks, and way to heat and cool the bus. The furniture stuff is unimportant to me because I will custom build that for wheelchair access.
This bus has some of that. I put my questions to ask the owner at the end. Please let me know what other questions would be good to ask.
The bus is a short bus on a full sized chassis: 24 feet long, 8 feet wide, and 10 feet high. The vehicle is located in Winston-Salem NC. Below I list some of the work I've done (or had done) to it.
- New wood laminate floor
- Mini fridge
- Ceiling fan
- Convertible couch that seats 4 or can be a king size bed
- Six bucket seats with seatbelts
- Cabinets and shelves for storage
- Camp toilet (w/bags)
- Blackout curtains for privacy
- 120V AC electrical system (switches between shore power, batteries, and alternator automatically!)
- Battery bank to support 2-3 days off the grid
- Shore power hookup
- New rear end gear (this was expensive) to allow 65+ mph
- Governor removed
- 4 brand new rear tires
- New fuel gauge sending unit
- Recalibrated speedometer
- New all metal grill on front
- Exterior fully painted with heavy duty enamel
- Repaired interior air conditioner
- Adjustable rear air ride suspension
Gross Vehicle Weight Rating:
Class 7: 26,001 - 33,000 lb (11,794 - 14,969 kg)
Brake System Type:
Engine Number of Cylinders:
Fuel Type - Primary:
* any insulation? if so what type and rating?
* what kind of ceiling fan? how is it powered?
* need more detailed info on the electrical system
* does mileage reflect pre-recalibrated or post? How many miles on this engine?
* more details on the air conditioner?
To THIS group, is this price reasonable for this bus assuming that the other answers are acceptable?