Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2022, 02:53 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

2009 Chevy 3500 Cllins midsize diesel stop sign

Hi again,
In summary, after removing the stop sign the bus didn't run. The mechanic made it run again but now dome lights, driver fan, rear AC ( not sure if the last one worked before, though) don't work and can't pass the inspection them not working .

And recently, too late though, discovered the electrical panel with the stop sign thing in it. I think just unplugging it would have solved the problem at the first hand. Now I want to undo what the mechanic did and bring the dome lights and fan etc back to life.

I didn't remove any wheelchair, or emergency door buzzing . I'm keeping them as they're.

Any idea what and how I should make it?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
signal-2022-07-07-150735_001.jpg  

Ctanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 04:10 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Coachwork: AmTran (Now Navistar)
Engine: DT444E (7.3L) International
Rated Cap: 31,800 pounds
Contact the body builder and give them whatever information they need in order to provide you with a set of schematics for THAT RIG. Then see what's in common with all the failed items and you'll likely find a solenoid that either had an energizing or switching circuit cut.
We've done so much, for so long, with so little, we now do the impossible, overnight, with nothing. US Marines -- 6531, 3521. . . .Ret ASE brakes & elect. Ret (auto and aviation mech). Extra Class HAM, NAUI/PADI OpenWater diver
HamSkoolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 04:58 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 86
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Ford B700
Engine: 8.2
Rated Cap: 60 bodies
to begin with the dome lights and and rear A/C not working should not cause you to fail inspection.
i guess the dash fan maybe because of defrost. but there are ways around that.
need pictures of your front area over the dash and over the drivers seat.
the dash fan is powered through the dash switch provided by GM and does not power the rear A/C. for me all the rear A/C was above the drivers seat in a compartment.
the overhead light are powered through the breakers in the compartment above the dash.
collins is not easy to get answers from and i think they belong to someone else now?
for mine every wire was labled for exactly what it did.
my 04 from GM has a fuse box under the hood and one under the drivers seat.
from collins above the dash is the bus body light wire stuff for almost everything front and rear bus body the front GM body wiring is still GM.
and above the drivers seat to the left is everything auxilliary A/C related.
do you still have the lift and aux. A/C control pedestal on entering the double passenger door?
Jolly Roger bus 223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 07:28 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

The bus came with a manual but unfortunately can't find it. And all the terminology for the parts, bits are very new to me so it's quite a struggle. But I will overcome it hopefully. Thank you
Old 07-07-2022, 08:15 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

I had the lift removed when I purchased the bus. The bus also came with a booklet for the rear AC and tiny remotes but can't find the remotes, either. I contacted the company, Trans/Air and asked if the Ac is only operable by the remotes but couldn't get much of an answer. Attaching some pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
dash.jpg   overview.jpg   control panel.jpg   inspection.jpg   AC.jpg  

Old 07-07-2022, 08:33 PM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

Having problem opening the dash cover because of a hard to grab bad bolt actually , I think where the solenoid is (?)

Tags
2009 chevy collins, stop sign removal