Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2023, 08:41 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

2nd solenoid not getting voltage

I'm currently trying to get the inside electric all figured out. I hadn't been getting power to my inside fans and heaters, and I messed with the solenoids and it started working, and then it stopped. The bus starts fine and everything connected to the left side of the fuse box works. The solenoid on the left has 12+ voltage on all 3 prongs. The right prong on the right solenoid has voltage but then the small one and the left prong do not have voltage, or the top right screw of the fuse panel. The small one had voltage before I messed with it, but now doesn't. The wire from the small prong went to a master switch for the control panel, which I am attempting to redo. I bought a new solenoid and it's the same thing. I messed with the ground to see if different places helped. It didn't.
Any suggestions as to why the voltage stops at that right prong on the right solenoid??
Blue checks are good voltage, red arrows are nothing.
Bus is 2001 international
Attached Thumbnails
20230206_191934.jpg   20230206_192003.jpg  

thetp23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 08:46 AM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1997
Coachwork: bluebird
Chassis: chevy
Engine: 3116 catapillar
Rated Cap: 71 now 2 humans 1 cat
try jumping a hot wire to the small terminal of the right relay/soloinoid. it must have power to get power to go thru the relay. think of these as electric switches for higher current than a switch normally handles. these should be rated for continuis power (not like a starter relay which isnt) if you dont have power to the small wire it will not engage (turn on) i dont understand why such a heavy duty relay for 16 or 14 gauge wire? these do get hot .
mmoore6856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 07:55 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Ok thank you. I thought that the right prong provided power to the middle and left. But yes, after connecting power to the center smaller one, it activated it. I am now way less stressed about this.
thetp23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, heater, internal, power, solenoid