Re: 8 way lights
It looks like the front and rear lamps on each side are wired together at the flasher. Judging by the label:
1. Override - no guess
2. Master Switch - probably +12 volts from the switch panel to power the "whole shebang."
3, 4. Right Amber, Right Red - curb side lamps
5. Stop Arm - probably +12 volts constant while the door is unlatched? Triggered by either #9 or #10.
6, 7. Left Red, Left Amber - driver's side lamps
8. Start Switch +12 volts - probably a positive pulse from a momentary switch on the panel to start the yellow "Jersey Lights."
- Yellow lights stop with main off or door unlatched
9. Flash Red only after amber - option #1 - probably a ground from the "Door Unlatched" switch behind the handle
10. Flash Red when door is open - option #2 - probably an alternate for the ground from the "Door Unlatched" switch
11. Negative Ground
If you want front and rear to come on together, connect the left and right to constant power. If you want all four on each end, connect both red and amber. I would not trust taking the hot from the master switch as a simple way to power all eight lamps at once. Remember, the bus designer only expects two lamps plus the stop arm to be powered at any one time, not four or eight.
As previously stated, you can run your own wiring. Then you know exactly what you have.
Someone said "Making good decisions comes from experience, experience comes from bad decisions." I say there are three kinds of people: those who learn from their mistakes, those who learn from the mistakes of others, and those who never learn.