Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2010, 07:08 PM   #1
Bus Crazy

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: All-American R/E
Engine: 8.3 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72
8 way lights

How does one make the rear warning lights all come on at once, you know, for flood lights? Flashing flood lights would be no fun....unless you had a disco ball.

I assume you would do it here:

opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 11:22 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89
Re: 8 way lights

I think you have to bypass the flasher. We want to use our flasher lights as "docking lights". I bet we can light up a whole campground with them!

My daughter says "life is no fun without a disco ball!"
https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:25 AM   #3
Bus Crazy

id say find the wires going from there to the rear lights and bypass them and put your own switch in there
Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:13 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Depending on what all you are doing inside and where you are at, run new wires to everything.

I am gutting the wiring and running all new. No problems in the future with old cruddy wires.
newtoskool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 01:52 PM   #5
Bus Crazy

It looks like the front and rear lamps on each side are wired together at the flasher. Judging by the label:

1. Override - no guess
2. Master Switch - probably +12 volts from the switch panel to power the "whole shebang."
3, 4. Right Amber, Right Red - curb side lamps
5. Stop Arm - probably +12 volts constant while the door is unlatched? Triggered by either #9 or #10.
6, 7. Left Red, Left Amber - driver's side lamps
8. Start Switch +12 volts - probably a positive pulse from a momentary switch on the panel to start the yellow "Jersey Lights."
- Yellow lights stop with main off or door unlatched
9. Flash Red only after amber - option #1 - probably a ground from the "Door Unlatched" switch behind the handle
10. Flash Red when door is open - option #2 - probably an alternate for the ground from the "Door Unlatched" switch
11. Negative Ground

If you want front and rear to come on together, connect the left and right to constant power. If you want all four on each end, connect both red and amber. I would not trust taking the hot from the master switch as a simple way to power all eight lamps at once. Remember, the bus designer only expects two lamps plus the stop arm to be powered at any one time, not four or eight.

As previously stated, you can run your own wiring. Then you know exactly what you have.
Someone said "Making good decisions comes from experience, experience comes from bad decisions." I say there are three kinds of people: those who learn from their mistakes, those who learn from the mistakes of others, and those who never learn.
Redbear is offline   Reply With Quote