Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2021, 08:55 AM   #1

'93 International 3800 Windshield glass part/size?

Hey friends,

I am stumped and I need some help. I own a 1993 International model 3800 and my driver side windshield got a nice visit from a fat rock that left me with a nice big crack edge to edge.

I have been looking online for some kind of sizing or a part #, reached out to a few manufacturers and provided them my VIN # and gotten some odd answers, one said this isn't a valid VIN, the other said it was a BlueBird which had me So I started looking at my VIN and it does have BB in digits 4-5 which hints to it being a BB.

Here are the first 11 digits of the VIN - 1hvbbplm6ph , I started deciphering the VIN which eventually led me to having to combine both IC and BB vins, odd.

IC vin decoder
Bluebird VIN decoder

1HV - Navistar US - Incomplete Bus
BB - Bluebird
P - Commercial type C
L - Series 3707-3808
M - Brake system Hydraulic/19501-26000 lbs
6 - Check digit
P - Model Year 1993
H - Plant manufacturer - Springfield, OH

The vin # is a bit off topic but it has me confused as I'm not sure what I am looking for anymore. It's been a week of research and I feel like I've gotten no where and feel more confused than when I started ha.

I am hoping someone on here can help me decipher what exactly is going on and can direct me to a right resource or provide some information on the type of windshield I should be looking for. Any kind of help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Ramouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 12:06 AM   #2

In case anyone every stumbles on this, here's a PDF with the exact specs for a 1993 international 3800 flat window if you need to get a custom cut
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 13002372.pdf (36.2 KB, 7 views)
Ramouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 12:49 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Chassis: Bluebird
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: Unsure.Handicap bus
I went to an International dealership for a replacement windshield for my 3800. They wanted $650 for me to carry it out the door.
A local windshield company came out to where I had my bus parked, removed the windshield, measured it, cut me a replacement and installed for $175. I gave each of the 2 i stallers a $25 tip for coming out 2 days before Christmas.
Find a local glass company. It will be easier, cheaper and faster.
Mr_Geenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 12:51 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Chassis: Bluebird
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: Unsure.Handicap bus
International put the frame together, and all the mechanical parts. Then it went to Bluebird who put the chasis and all the bus stuff on it.
So it is an international and a bluebird.
Mr_Geenie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3800, international 3800, windshield