Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2020, 03:21 PM   #1

97 e350 7.3L Diesel Passenger Bus Conversion - Help, please!

Hey, made an account because I know you guys know your stuff, and the resources available online to educate oneself seem slim - especially when it comes to values of commercially used vehicles like this, especially when modified.
My wife and I are finally making the move to full time road-livin'. We have been searching high and low for something substantial and found a 97 e350 Diesel passenger bus with the 7.3 Powerstroke. It currently has 157,XXX miles and is in great shape. 8 windows, don't know the footage for sure. The owner and his carpenter father have, pretty professionally by the look of it, added a camper shower/bathroom, sink and cabinets, and a futon bed, as well as wired the electrical system, which is Solar-ready. It looks very good and is not filled to the brim with heavy furniture, so more space and less worry.
He's asking $14,000. I have no idea if this is astronomically high or reasonable and would like to better inform myself, as this is at the higher end of our budget.
The bus is hours away, so I would have to be very serious about this to make the trip to test drive and haggle.
Please let me know if I would be making a foolish mistake by either considering buying it or letting it pass.
Thanks in advance!

SchoollyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 04:13 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 2004
Chassis: International
Engine: T444e w/ 2000 Allison Trans
Rated Cap: 35
you have a link to share the ad? It all depends on the quality of the build. Are you only interested in a completed bus or would you be willing to do the work on one?

Follow our build on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/skoolie_doo/
Rovobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 05:04 PM   #3

I'm away from the computer, I'll have to add the link or some pictures in a bit.
We have entertained the thought of converting a bus ourselves, but being as realistic as possible ("know thyself"), I think it would be best to find something with at least the basics complete and solid (vapor lock, insulation, wiring). The conversion job looks as professional and pretty as can be without being cluttered. We had been looking at box trucks with cab access and the like but this bus called out to us, and between our timeline, lack of skill, and necessity for space (3 large dogs and 2 adults), it's definitely seems to tick every box for our needs.

Thanks for the reply!
SchoollyD is offline   Reply With Quote