Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2018, 11:59 AM   #1

A little help shorty with trailer or full size

So I'm leaving for full time at least for a few years. I plan on being on the road next july. The main use of my "so to be" rig is as a home base for motorcycle rides.
I am trying to decide between a full bus with a ramp back door. So toy hauler or a smaller mid size or shorty and a Let say 14 ft trailer. to haul 3 bikes 2 harleys and an adventure bike.
It is just me my budget is fairly high and I think I can easily deal with 12 x 8 living space.
So im wondering what are plus and minuses of a big rig Vs. Removable trailer. I figured a big bus has more ground clearance for blm/off roading . but maybe trailer could be stored for times when I just want to go sight seeing with out the bikes.

losthighwaydrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 09:27 AM   #2
Skoolie

I am in the process of setting my short bus the same way. Things I've noticed so far are with my bus being an HC bus, loading the bikes from the side takes less interior space but need a clear space next to me to unload. Unless sealed off, your bike fumes will be inside your living space and so will all the dirt n debris n liquids too. Being inside the bus is less likely to be tampered with or disappear. Being in the bus you wont have to worry about trailer speed limits either.
Trailers are nice to keep the dirt n debris, fumes,and liquids out of your bus. Will also give more space inside the bus for living. BUT, trailers get stolen and are easily to broken into. Not many people want to brake into a bus.
Good luck with your search and adventure.
1940s 'Binder 7 window, man cave
Oldcarnut is offline   Reply With Quote