Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2020, 03:52 PM   #1

Question AAABusSales Insurance question! :)

Hi all! My boyfriend and I are planning to make the long drive (from Michigan! ) to Arizona to purchase a bus from AAABusSales and were wondering the technicalities with insurance. It's the weekend right now and we can't call to ask so I'm hoping that someone here can help!

Do they need a separate proof of insurance for us to drive it off the lot or does our existing full-coverage policy extend over to it? We spoke to Progressive and she told us that our current policy will extend over to a new vehicle purchase for a specified grace period, and we can drive the new vehicle directly home and add it to the policy. I'm just wondering if AAABusSales allow that, or does the bus need a separate insurance policy to take it off the lot? Thanks in advance and happy adventuring!

ebgadventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 04:00 PM   #2

Year: 2003
Hey there! My boyfriend and I just drove from CO to CA to buy a bus (I'm originally from MI ����)... since a lot of states have been under quarantine it was super easy to grab our bus and go. Most DMV's (Secretary of State) are closed, so cops shouldnt hassle you. We had no problems, but as I was nervous of the long trek as well, I posted on forums and fb groups... pretty much everyone took the no insurance/no plates route. All up to you, but we found the best insurance through Allstate. Progressive wanted me to put it under commercial insurance ��*♀️. But call this lady if you really want great insurance.... Kelly Newsome (352) 326-9300 or KellyNewsome1@Allstate.com
She hooked us up with an agent in CO and we havent found prices to beat yet.
I hope that helped.
Good luck and have a safe trip! ����
hardlydramatic825 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aaabussales, insurance, questions