Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2009, 09:33 AM   #1
Skoolie

Year: 1987
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: Chevy
Engine: 366 Gas
Adding a bed on the front of the bus

Has anyone seen or done this???? What I was thinking was to add a bed on the front of the bus like a pickup camper has out over the cab. I have a C60 style bus and was thinking about lowering the wind shield and extending the roof out over the hood. You could get roof parts off a junker and roof would keep the same look...What do you think it would look like?

Old 08-11-2009, 11:00 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Genesis
Engine: Detroit
Rated Cap: 14
Re: Adding a bed on the front of the bus

When i was first considering a roof raise, I'd thought of doing this. It would be much like a Class "C" RV. But if you do this, make sure the overhang does not obstruct your view of stop lights. Especially those in smaller towns that are hung close to the intersection on the driver's side. We've several of those here in my neighborhood and when stopping, everyone has to lean forward and crane their neck to look up at the stupid light to see when it changes.
TygerCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 03:04 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1990
Chassis: International
Engine: DT360
Re: Adding a bed on the front of the bus

I think this is likely to hurt your aerodynamics a fair amount, too. Not sure how much, but worth taking into consideration.
icnivad is offline   Reply With Quote