Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2010, 01:18 AM   #1

Admitted Skoolie newb requesting help...

I will be the first to admit this, I have NO CLUE how I'm supposed to go about starting a skoolie conversion project.
However, the more I think about it, the more my heart is set upon it.
Basically, I'm looking for advice.

My main concern is how much money this whole project is going to cost me. The current plan is that about eight people (including myself) will be going on a trip in the eventually created skoolie. We want to have one huge adventure before we all have to split up, and we only have a few years to do this project then.
I am encouraging all my friends to look into getting jobs as quickly as possible, though I don't know how far that will even take us. After doing some research, I have found that one can buy a school bus for anywhere from $1,000 - $5,000, though the cheaper the better. So far, I'm only planning on spending $2,000 on the bus itself, maximum.
Other than that, I have no idea how much the whole project will cost, so it would be helpful if somebody could help me come up with some kind of estimate. We're going for a very basic setup: 4 bunk beds, the most simple bathroom possible, tiny sink, propane-fueled stove. We have still no real clue what else we would need, so a list of basic things we'd need would be helpful too.

If anybody to could reply to this as soon as possible, I would be incredibly greatful! I admit I have no idea what I'm doing, but I really want to give this a shot. Please please please, give me any advice possible! Thanks!

lizzytypeperson is offline   Reply With Quote