Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2018, 01:34 PM   #1
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Air Brake Issue

So I get my bus home 3 weeks ago with no issue. It sat in the front yard all that time and when I went to go crank it up, it fired right up, but won't build brake pressure. It's an 87 BlueBird. What and where should I check first for the issue?

o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 02:23 PM   #2
Bus Nut

First check around compressor make sure lines around it are tight and not damaged cracked or broken. Next take the Main air line at the compressor off crank it up and use either thumb or better one of the rubber tipped compression gauges from auto parts store if the compressor is jumping it should build upwards of 90 lbs very quickly or should push your thumb off the port. If this checks out reinstall the line and look near the air tanks or if it has an air drier make sure its not venting the air from it's exhaust port. If its not making air tap the governor and also the port on the cylinder head to shock the unloader. Also you can try removing the smal line to the unloader piston in the compressor head. Oh and If its belt driven, verify that its actually turning. PM me if you need on site instructions.
golfersmurf57 is offline   Reply With Quote