Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2021, 05:57 PM   #1
Almost There

Year: ‘09
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Vision
Engine: 6.7
Rated Cap: 35’
Alarms

After removing the cameras and GPS equipment, I was left with a bus that would not start and had a ton of alarms that would not go off. We bypassed the " ignition switch" with a push button switch. Now the bus starts with no problem, but we still have the alarms. All exits have been checked and are secured. Air pressure alarm turns off when pressure is built up. When I turn the ignition key "backwards ", toward the driver, the alarms still scream. Anybody have any ideas on how to remove or silence these things?

Ranchorossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 08:08 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1980
Coachwork: Crown Coach
Chassis: Supercoach
Engine: Detroit 671T
My experience with modern buses like yours is limited. To be honest your bus is newer than my personal vehicles as well as my bus.

That being said, if I was you, since you have already bypassed the interlocks with the new start button, the first thing I would do is locate the buzzer or speaker, or whatever is emitting the tone and cut it out.

Then I would temporarily wire in a small light in its place so I could track down the circuits without having to listen to the buzzer. Keep in mind that it may also be your low air buzzer so you will want to make sure you have that working when all is said and done.
Old 01-19-2021, 08:21 PM   #3
Almost There

There are multiple buzzers. I can't pinpoint where they are, it sounds like they are everywhere. I'll give it a try.
Old 01-19-2021, 08:29 PM   #4
Bus Crazy

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: IH
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 14
First, many buses have a "no kid left behind" switch at the rear of the bus. Basically, the driver shuts the bus off, walks to the back and presses the button, the idea being to check for any kids that may have dozed off. Typically these will sound an alarm a minute or so after shutdown if the button isn't pushed.
My bus has an alarm on the back door (as well as the dash) when the back door is unlatched and the ignition switch is on (I have not yet removed this.)
Brad_SwiftFur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 10:26 PM   #5
Almost There

Yep, have one of those and pushed it. No luck.