Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2016, 03:14 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Auctions

I'm Joshua Rush a Texas Auctioneer located in College Station Texas I'm a Texas and National Auctioneer Association member. I will be posting information on upcoming or current auctions throughout the United States that include buses and materials for building a bus. Post what state you are from and hometown and with the great network of the NAA I can help you find great buses to buy at Auction. #buyatauction #naapro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shsu2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 03:15 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

https://www.onlinepros.com/servlet/S...?auctionId=881

Cy-Fair ISD ( northwest Houston, Texas) does great Maintence on their buses and they have 25 going to auction now.

Old 09-18-2016, 04:06 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

https://www.onlinepros.com/servlet/S...?auctionId=881

25 buses in cypress Texas great Maintence by cy fair ISD

Old 09-18-2016, 04:13 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: IH 3800
Engine: Navistar DT466E
Rated Cap: 72 passenger
(Deleted due to misreading an auction resulting in an inaccurate engine suggestion. Mea culpa).
Old 09-18-2016, 05:50 PM   #5
Bus Crazy

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 34
On the Cy-Fair auction site, I saw one description of "Approx mileage reading 123,000 (MILEAGE NOT ACCURATE)...Approx Hub reading 230,000..."

Is there an actual revolution counter or mileage counter on the hubs? If so, is this SOP, or something installed by this particular school district?

Excuse my ignorance if this is common, but I've never seen this in any vehicle description before.

The Busted Flush
plfking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 05:54 PM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

Yes, as auctioneer we can't guarantee Mileage. The hub miles could have been replaced by another bus which is common. They will remove them before some buses go to auction and put them other buses if needed.

Old 09-18-2016, 07:22 PM   #7

Hi Joshua,
I am in Central Georgia between Atlanta and Macon. Know of any hot deals coming up? Thanks
dstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 07:35 PM   #8
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
theres some nice short busses on that auction... I kinda been looking for a second bus.. are there any tricks to bid so as to not get Sniped? i quit bidding on flea-bay after awhile because I always got sniped out at the last second...
-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 08:06 PM   #9
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
theres some nice short busses on that auction... I kinda been looking for a second bus.. are there any tricks to bid so as to not get Sniped? i quit bidding on flea-bay after awhile because I always got sniped out at the last second...
-Christopher

Online pros have a slowing closing, you bid and it extends in 1,2,3,4,5 mins each bid to give you time to place your bid.

Old 09-18-2016, 08:47 PM   #10
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by plfking View Post
On the Cy-Fair auction site, I saw one description of "Approx mileage reading 123,000 (MILEAGE NOT ACCURATE)...Approx Hub reading 230,000..."

Is there an actual revolution counter or mileage counter on the hubs? If so, is this SOP, or something installed by this particular school district?

Excuse my ignorance if this is common, but I've never seen this in any vehicle description before.

I would trust the hub miles more than the odometer. I know something then change them out but I see more odometer not working than changes of hub mile counter. A lot of Texas isd's use hub mile counter and as auctioneers we want to give you as much information as possible to help you make a educated decision on purchasing of an asset.

Old 09-18-2016, 09:28 PM   #11
Skoolie

Year: 2000
Chassis: International
Engine: t444e
I posted these buses a few days ago in the classifieds. As I stated there, I work across the road from this site and can check them out if anyone wants. The first batch they had were VERY nice and went for a premium, driveby- these are in good shape but not SUPER clean. I'm calling to set up an appointment for preview tomorrow

Chris- I know you like #12, if you're actually interested in a rustless bus hit me up, I'll be checking that one out, I think 17 may be the one for me. 608 may end up getting turned into a farmers market BUSness vehicle for the wife.
ChiliChzPoopTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 10:29 PM   #12
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliChzPoopTart View Post
I posted these buses a few days ago in the classifieds. As I stated there, I work across the road from this site and can check them out if anyone wants. The first batch they had were VERY nice and went for a premium, driveby- these are in good shape but not SUPER clean. I'm calling to set up an appointment for preview tomorrow

Chris- I know you like #12, if you're actually interested in a rustless bus hit me up, I'll be checking that one out, I think 17 may be the one for me. 608 may end up getting turned into a farmers market BUSness vehicle for the wife.

Your from Hempstead, I bet we know each other I grew up there in the pine island area up by the church house. Great units I'm going to work on posting some more buses tonight or in the morning

Old 09-18-2016, 10:31 PM   #13
Mini-Skoolie

https://swicoauctions.com/browse#/category/ALL

Got three buses on at the moment.

Old 09-18-2016, 10:34 PM   #14
Mini-Skoolie

http://www.lsoauctions.com/category....703&sellerid=0

Lonestaronline has 18 buses up for auction located in the Dallas Area.,

Old 09-18-2016, 10:43 PM   #15
Mini-Skoolie

Auctions

https://www.renebates.com/a_search.p...at=16&type=all

Rene bates auctioneers is got 8 at auction at the moment. Take a Look!!

Old 09-18-2016, 11:07 PM   #16
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstarr View Post
Hi Joshua,

I am in Central Georgia between Atlanta and Macon. Know of any hot deals coming up? Thanks

http://bid.bidderone.com/m/view-auct...alog/id/13599/

9 buses up for Auction at the moment!

Old 09-19-2016, 06:42 AM   #17
Bus Geek

Quote:

#12 is exactly the bus im interested in.. while I dont need another bus right away, if the right one came along id snag it for the second project im working on. that bus is pretty much a ready-to-go bus for what im doing.. tint the windows paint and drive. It looks like a Low-top which is fine for me as I dont need a high top for this project. id be interested to know what trans is in it.. with that year it could be anything.. im looking to drive it on the highway so im hoping it would either have OD or have a lower rear if its a 545.. #17 might work for what im doing but im not gonna bid against you on either one just because I dont need a bus right away, im not gonna take away a good bus from you just to satisfy my second-project. I got plenty of time.

-Christopher
Old 09-19-2016, 09:26 AM   #18
Skoolie

Year: 2000
Chassis: International
Engine: t444e
Not from Hempstead, just live here.

All's fair in love and bus auctions I just called them, going tomorrow to check em out, Last time they wouldn't let us take them for a spin but I was allowed to fire em off, and go forwards and back about 15ft. Last auction they ALL had mt643s so here's hoping. I've been passed on the highway by CyFair buses when I was going 70 I'm same boat as you I don't need another bus but Wifey thinks current one should be for her crafts thing. If they got 643s I'm pulling the trigger, assuming price doesn't got apeshit. I'll stick my head under all the buses and start them all. My appointment is for 1030 and I don't have to work til 1:30 ~1 mile away.
ChiliChzPoopTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 11:39 AM   #19
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1996
Chassis: International Genesis
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: This guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by shsu2011 View Post
I'm Joshua Rush a Texas Auctioneer located in College Station Texas I'm a Texas and National Auctioneer Association member. I will be posting information on upcoming or current auctions throughout the United States that include buses and materials for building a bus. Post what state you are from and hometown and with the great network of the NAA I can help you find great buses to buy at Auction. #buyatauction #naapro

Thank you for posting these! Anything in Arizona or surrounding states?
CeramicHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 07:16 AM   #20
Bus Geek

Quote:
Not from Hempstead, just live here.

All's fair in love and bus auctions I just called them, going tomorrow to check em out, Last time they wouldn't let us take them for a spin but I was allowed to fire em off, and go forwards and back about 15ft. Last auction they ALL had mt643s so here's hoping. I've been passed on the highway by CyFair buses when I was going 70 I'm same boat as you I don't need another bus but Wifey thinks current one should be for her crafts thing. If they got 643s I'm pulling the trigger, assuming price doesn't got apeshit. I'll stick my head under all the buses and start them all. My appointment is for 1030 and I don't have to work til 1:30 ~1 mile away.
that rocks! let me know how it goes.. I have a lot to lesarn in a quick time if i bid on and win one of these.. ive never bought a bus or anything at auction before.. No idea how to get it out of there, get a tag and drive it to ohio or florida LOL.. but if I win one I'll learn indeed.

-Christopher