Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-04-2023, 04:40 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2004
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Engine: 8.3L Cummins
Rated Cap: 36,000lbs
Blue Bird All American Turn Signal Fuse Location

I have a '04 Blue Bird AA, RE rig. Where is the 2004 Blue bird All American, Bus body #L058587 turn signal fuse/relay location? I replaced my turn signal lights, a loose wire touched metal, & something popped, & now my turn lights don't work. I've replaced all the fuses in the panel that's on the left of steering wheel, but the turn lights still don't work now.
Attached Thumbnails
16755503311272513792815427268620.jpg  

BigTiny321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 01:00 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2005
Coachwork: Bluebird All American
Engine: Cat C7 ACERT
Rated Cap: 54
The fuses pictured are not the only fuses on your bus. I have a 2005 Bluebird All American FE and I have a fuse box under the bus roughly located under the drivers seat. I believe the fuse for the turn signals will be in that box.

Welcome to bus electrics. It can be confusing but with a little patience and a lot of internet research it is doable. I removed a LOT of wire from my bus. My standard practice was to trace wires very carefully and once removed I would start the bus and make sure it went into drive and reverse.

Also if you don't have a battery kill switch you should install one. My bus had a kill switch in the battery compartment. Anytime I work on electrical I flip the switch which will keep you from inadvertently blowing fuses, etc.
Old 02-06-2023, 01:43 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2004
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Engine: 8.3L Cummins
Rated Cap: 36,000lbs
@doncobb, my rig is rear engine. There isn't a fuse box under my seat, unless it's under the body of the bus. I texted my issue with a Blue Bird technician, & he told me that I'm looking for a breaker, so it's something that can be reset. It's affecting my hazard switch & turn signals. When the breaker flipped, I heard a sift pop sound in the front right of bus(pass. side), so I'm about to crawl under the rig & see what I can find.

I'm doing all I can to prevent another expensive service call. I traced/removed all the unused wiring too. This is just a dumb issue. When I checked the new side turn signals, I only had the wires twisted together, before I installed the permanent connectors, & I let a loose live wire touch the metal floor. I'm still kicking myself about it!
BigTiny321 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blue bird aa, turn signal fuse