Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-04-2008, 07:07 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Blue Bird Dash lite

Hey gang help me out . While driving my International 94 7.3 to the local Lowes Sunday as I left the parking lot, I heard a buzzer and saw a indicator lite onthe dash pannel Brake Press !!!!! never seen it before ...It wasnt my parking brake lite .. Ipushed the pedal three or four times with good stopping results..There not air brakes...I pulled over turned the bus off ,looked around. Found nothing strange, Cranked back up drove 30 or so miles No lite No problem. What does that lite monitor,,,Thank for any help...

colliervilledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 07:31 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03
Re: Blue Bird Dash lite

I would be concerned that your power steering pump is not providing pressure to the master cylinder or that the master itself failed. The reason you are still stopping well still is because there is an electric backup motor. I would certainly investigate it further.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:16 PM   #3
Bus Geek

..............or very likely the pressure sensor/wiring is defective.

i had the same problem in one of my bus', light and buzzer came on while on a road trip. Brakes worked just fine, electric backup was not coming on when the engine was running. with the engine off backup electric motor worked fine. i was not low on fluid, brakes worked perfect. i had yet to drive through the mountains on my way to nevada and was worried about this light/buzzer.

I determined that the brakes were working just fine, (so was my ps) so i just unhooked the buzzer. When i arrived home i talked to one of the mechanics at the local bus garage and he thought it was probably a faulty pressure sensor.

one dissadvantage of disconnecting the buzzer is that this is the same device that alerts you to engine overheating (and prob low oil pressure)

i never did track down the problem, but i drove at least 10 thousand miles with no problems.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:28 PM   #4
Bus Nut

I had a similar issue with my blue bird last about a year and a half ago. I had that light staying on all the time and that electric motor kept running even with the key off & my foot off the brake. It turned out to be the brake pressure switch had failed, which kept the back up electric motor running all the time.

here's the post on it... viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1528
Old 02-06-2008, 09:14 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

Thanks that gives me a place to start. This is new to me, but the conversion is on schedule for me and the wife to hit Talladega Speedway this spring..
colliervilledave is offline   Reply With Quote