Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2018, 10:25 AM   #21
Skoolie

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Eldorado (REV)
Chassis: Chevy Express Cutaway g3500
Engine: Turbo diesel 6.5L
Rated Cap: 14
Thank you for sharing. My son was active Marine 2003-2012 at New River. He now lives in TN. He has taken me to a shooting range to try out guns. I have thought about carrying a gun while traveling. Then I realized chances are I would be injured before the other person because gun and ammunition are supposed to be kept separate. What about taser gun? Opinions? And I have a working horn on the shuttle. And I keep my cell phone charged. I see that you live about 85 miles from me.

Sharee100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 10:35 AM   #22
Skoolie

Thank you for your informed response. I think my response posted here was taken too seriously. I am going to ask to have it removed. And fyi, I find calling the Police where I lived most of my life was a waste of my time. We lived 2 block from the police station. We interrupted a burglar; I called the police station to tell them we were chasing the burglar down the street toward the police station and asked them to step outside to catch him. An hour later a police officer showed up at my door to take a report; the burglar got away.
Old 12-13-2018, 04:39 PM   #23
Bus Nut

Year: 2003
Engine: DT530
Rated Cap: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharee100 View Post
Thank you for sharing. My son was active Marine 2003-2012 at New River. He now lives in TN. He has taken me to a shooting range to try out guns. I have thought about carrying a gun while traveling. Then I realized chances are I would be injured before the other person because gun and ammunition are supposed to be kept separate. What about taser gun? Opinions? And I have a working horn on the shuttle. And I keep my cell phone charged. I see that you live about 85 miles from me.
Thank you for you sons service and the families sacrifice. An unloaded gun is worthless for protection. Keep one loaded in a quick access gun safe. There are models that will only open with your fingerprint and can be mounted next to the driver's seat or bed. I would only recommend a taser to law enforcement or security officers.
Old 12-13-2018, 05:04 PM   #24
Skoolie

It is illegal to store gun with ammo in California. I am sure it is illegal in some other states, too.
Old 12-13-2018, 07:46 PM   #25
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharee100 View Post
It is illegal to store gun with ammo in California. I am sure it is illegal in some other states, too.
Definitely not illegal to have a loaded one in Tennessee.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 07:52 PM   #26
Bus Geek

Year: 98
Coachwork: 1. Corbeil & 2. Thomas
Chassis: 1 ford 1998 e350 4x4 7.3 2 mercedes 2004
Engine: 7.3 powerstroke & MBE906
Although I agree with the 2nd .. I really wonder how we got to this point

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._countries.png

However good the idea of the 2nd was / is the execution, pun intended, is extremely poor as the numbers show.

later J
joeblack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 05:49 AM   #27
Bus Crazy

Year: 1971
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: International Loadstar 1700
Engine: 345 international V-8
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblack5 View Post
Although I agree with the 2nd .. I really wonder how we got to this point

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._countries.png

However good the idea of the 2nd was / is the execution, pun intended, is extremely poor as the numbers show.

later J
Most say that the 2nd was a good thought at the time. Think about it, at that time "we the people" had the same guns as the government. The thought was if the government got out of hand we could overthrow it with force.

Now that is no longer possible as the government has much more firepower then any civilian. If we decide the government is not doing what "we the people" want we have to use other non violent means to get what we want. This makes a good bit of the purpose of the 2nd much less valid.

Just my thoughts on the 2nd. I am not trying to stir anything, just saying as I see it.

Ok boondocking, agree
nice shower
solar enough to do 100% or as close as possible
big poo tank
comfortable bed that does not have to convert to anything else, a futon does not cut it.

One of the places I boondock I have access to clean lake water for washing, showers etc so really huge water tanks are not something I need. Otherwise bigger the better
Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 08:42 AM   #28
Skoolie

Year: 1992
Coachwork: sturdivan
Chassis: E-350
Engine: 7.3l IDI
Rated Cap: 10,000lbs
If your boondocking then it make sense to have a gun, if you have a hunting license. We should view the 2nd amendment like the first; We shouldnt give either one up; but it would not be fun to live in a society where either one has to be used in normal life. Everyone should have a good education, be able to speak freely about facts and live without being attacked. A healthy society where money is circulating without being concentrated into the hands of a few solves most problems.

beyond that I'd make sure you have good cooking skills, a few good books and a camera.
If your plan is to go into the back country and then live like your in the city, why not just stay in the city.
alpinekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 08:51 AM   #29
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
When boondocking I have gotten lots of use out of a stack of paperbacks and a hammock.

A few things that I carry that I hope that I don't use: Jack, shovel, fire extinguisher and a 1911.
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote