Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-30-2016, 06:41 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Bus conversion question/parking?

Was't sure what to name the post but I'm doing research about purchasing and converting a skoolie however I have a dilemma. I currently live at a place where I don't have space to park the bus and work on the conversion does anyone have any idea on places that would allow me to park and work on the bus there? I obviously would be willing to compensate. I live near atlanta any help is welcomed.

thanks
-Kaliegh

Kalinicoled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 07:50 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1984
Engine: 366 Big block Chevy! :) w/ Stick shift
Welcome, glad you're here.

Recently a member bought a bus and asked the apartment complex if he could park it behind the office and they let him.

I found a little piece of land between two garages and rented it.

I also posted an ad on craigslist looking for options and received a few emails with offers. Most were further away than i wanted, but it did get results.

There is a sort of magical response from people when i share what i am doing, it is amazing how people light up and want to help. Mostly what i hear over and over again is that is something they have been dreaming about doing. I can't fathom any sane person working 40hrs a week that doesn't day dream about what we're all doing.

I get my best results when follow my heart, wait for something to reveal itself, and when i invite guidance from the Universe, the spirits, and Heavens, The Sun, and the Wind.

Good luck!
Carytowncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 07:58 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carytowncat View Post
Welcome, glad you're here.

Recently a member bought a bus and asked the apartment complex if he could park it behind the office and they let him.

I found a little piece of land between two garages and rented it.

I also posted an ad on craigslist looking for options and received a few emails with offers. Most were further away than i wanted, but it did get results.

There is a sort of magical response from people when i share what i am doing, it is amazing how people light up and want to help. Mostly what i hear over and over again is that is something they have been dreaming about doing. I can't fathom any sane person working 40hrs a week that doesn't day dream about what we're all doing.

I get my best results when follow my heart, wait for something to reveal itself, and when i invite guidance from the Universe, the spirits, and Heavens, The Sun, and the Wind.

Good luck!
thanks so much for the ideas i currently live in a neighborhood and i doubt they would be okay with me leaving my future bus in the street haha so i was looking for ideas thanks!
Kalinicoled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 02:50 PM   #4
Skoolie

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Ward
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 65 passenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalinicoled View Post
thanks so much for the ideas i currently live in a neighborhood and i doubt they would be okay with me leaving my future bus in the street haha so i was looking for ideas thanks!
Unless you have an HOA it is not up to anyone in the neighborhood. Check your local laws. If it is not a commercial vehicle, if it is licensed and registered, you may be able to park it on the street in front of your house and move it every few days.
https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f11/i-...bus-12296.html
karrlot is offline   Reply With Quote