Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2010, 01:11 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

bus info

http://www.interschola.com/displayitem. ... s_id=14795

do they make this bus with a front engine? if not what bus is 84 passenger flat front and front engine.

newtoskool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 02:53 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Re: bus info

I am making a rear fold down door out of my bus. I would love a RE but the angle would be super crazy and if I crashed my car there would be no way to get the car into the bus. Im lookin for somethin with a 2 speed rear end anyone know a specific model that is diesel, flat nose, front engine, manual, two speed rear end? I know there out there. I did a google search but didn't come up with very much. If for some reason I can't find one with the 2 speed rear but has everythign else, can I swap in a rear axle out of a semi with the 2 speed rear end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceni John
No! All Crowns are (were?) mid-engine, or less commonly rear-engine. This bus and its sister are now in Alliance Bus Lines' fleet in Ontario CA, and it is a rare 38' Super II - most, like mine, are 40', but another member here recently bought a very rare 36' in WA state.

If you want a front-engine flat-front bus, there's plenty of Blue Bird TC2000, a few Blue Bird All American, maybe a few Thomas MVP, and lots of older buses like Carpenters, Waynes and Superiors. Any reason you want a FE? Engine access is much easier with a pusher, and an RE rides better and is quieter, plus you can have full-width underfloor storage because there's no driveshaft there. There's good reason that almost all buses these days are rear-engined; school buses are the only exception.

John
newtoskool is offline   Reply With Quote