Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-22-2020, 04:58 PM   #1

Bus type

Hey guys I am new to the bus world and trying to find my first bus. I am not to familiar with vehicles in general. I am wondering what you guys think about the make of this bus and also just your general thoughts. Thanks
Brand: Ford E-350 Econo, 2005, Diesel, 6,0 L engine
KM: 205 000 (little for a diesel)
Asking price: $ 9

hello! I'm selling my skoolie, to be resumed in the process of conversion. ☺️ I'm parting with my wife, also the project is falling to the water, but I hope to find him such passionate people. is only us to take back the torch!

We bought it last spring for $ 14 (see both photos, it was already 'turnkey') and decided to redo the kitchen and bench modules to our liking, to make it more economical. All or almost all materials are purchased, but since the modules aren't ' back ', I'm dropping the price to $ 9 (We've put over $ 2 in conversion so far) ..

⚡️ The electric circuit is already installed, it's energy autonomous (it was important for us, who wanted to live for a year indoors and go around North America). It has 330 W of NINE solar panels (installed on roof, $ 1, invoice in support), two deep discharge batteries NEW as well.

The former owner was DJ, so the skoolie is equipped with a mega 1 600 W sound system excellent pioneer (I admit, initially I was skeptical, but on the road it's SO HOT to have a walking nightclub, hihi! ), I also have the bill for it.

Comes with TOILETTE dometic (tested and approved 😜), propane oven / POELE, LAVABO, FRIGO dometic 3 way (so propane and electricity, I picked it up from my dads aunty trailer, but I thought I was selling it for buy a small electric fridge only, it's up to you! The electric bus system was thought for this) etc., etc. EVERYTHING IS NINE (except the fridge, obviously)

I'm giving away EVERYTHING with (propane heater, mosquito nets, foams for benches, bed mattresses, fabrics for curtains, materials, table, lights (LED), extra seatbelts, etc., etc. )))

We bought new custom made countertops (see photo), all we have to do is install them.

💧 Basically all it's missing is a water tank for running water. To see the system you like most!

We painted the bus WHITE this summer, only a few little touches left to do. No rusts except in the corner of the foot walk, a little grinder and a new plate and it will be sorted!

The mechanics is A-1, it runs like a charm! (inspection done to buy, and I won't sell it either without you doing an inspection, that's the least thing 😊). The TIRES are new, they only ask to swallow miles!

Serious buyers please. I'd like to sell before winter (yes! ), hence the reason behind the price drop, and also because you don't have to be afraid to work with your hands to rebuild the kitchen (I know it scares a few, but oh well, as they say with a skoolie... It's never over! ) I kept in touch with the former owner of the bus, and if ever I can put you in touch if you have any more questions about his history.

PS: the ceiling height is about 5'4, I'm going back up because I'm small but... this detail will have to be taken into consideration for you! 😜
PPS: I'm in Sherbrooke 💚

Laurad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 05:34 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Thomas 4 window w/lift
Chassis: G30~Chevy cutaway
Engine: 5.7/350 Chevy Vortec
Rated Cap: Just me and my "stuff"?
https://www.yellowbullet.com/cdn-cgi...11-png.164137/

Sounds like it should sell well priced at 9 dollars!!!
peteg59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 06:05 PM   #3

I am guessing that’s a good thing lol: Do you know anything about the engine ?
Old 11-22-2020, 06:10 PM   #4
Bus Crazy

I held off commenting about the engine in my earlier post, but know that it can be extremely troublesome, especially if left stock and with high mileage. There are remedies to getting it "bulletproofed", but at considerable cost. Probably not something you'd want to rip into anytime soon, if you need to buy and move into in a timely manner?

If you are interested, there are lengthy discussions on here specific to the Ford 6.0 diesel and its issues.

Good luck with your purchase...
Old 11-22-2020, 06:23 PM   #5
Traveling

Year: None
Coachwork: None
Chassis: None
Engine: None
Rated Cap: None
Personally, I wouldn't touch a 6.0 PowerJoke. You can do better.
CHEESE_WAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 07:08 PM   #6

Thanks so much for your reply. And yeah I wanted to move into soon, like later winter early spring, so I wanna have a lot to convert but if the motors a problem I have to re think this. Thanks again
Old 11-22-2020, 07:16 PM   #7
Traveling

Generally, from 04+, the newer the vehicle, the better off you are with gas power. But with Ford, avoid the 3V Triton gassers. I sent some info to help in the selection process.
Old 11-22-2020, 07:45 PM   #8
Bus Crazy

/\...x2 on going gas powered.
Diesel in cold, (Canada), doesn't start/run well without lots of prep. = $$$
Old 11-22-2020, 07:46 PM   #9

thank you! I def need some help in finding a bus. I don't want to do the full conversion. having it insulated and seats already out would be great. or even a half converted one like the one I showed you. I am looking for a short bus, dog nose, some nice power to it as I would like to take it off main roads, I will be travelling in it sometimes but using it more for a home base to live in. I def don't plan on travelling with it for months straight. and if I do I will stay more local to where I am. my budget 10,000 to 15,000$ Canadian.
Old 11-22-2020, 07:47 PM   #10

I heard you can inject something in it to prevent it from freezing
Old 11-22-2020, 07:52 PM   #11
Bus Crazy

Here's one although he hasn't given a definite yay on selling, nor a price. Assume he still has it, or he'd have likely let all on here know it was gone.
Also note that he has one "nibbling" on the bait, currently!...

https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f14/1...l-19545-8.html
Old 11-22-2020, 07:53 PM   #12

thanks I should have told you I am in Ontario
Old 11-22-2020, 07:57 PM   #13
Bus Crazy

So you are only looking in Canada?
Old 11-22-2020, 08:09 PM   #14
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Winnebago
Chassis: Ford F53
Engine: Ford Triton V-10
Rated Cap: currently 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurad View Post
I heard you can inject something in it to prevent it from freezing
There is diesel anti-gel additive but you need to add it preventatively when you fuel up in anticipation for freezing temps, not after you're already disabled by frozen fuel lines.
Sehnsucht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 08:15 PM   #15
Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sehnsucht View Post
There is diesel anti-gel additive but you need to add it preventatively when you fuel up in anticipation for freezing temps, not after you're already disabled by frozen fuel lines.
Diesel 911 can help with this, but it is SLOWWW.
Old 11-28-2020, 04:48 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurad View Post
Hey guys I am new to the bus world and trying to find my first bus. I am not to familiar with vehicles in general. I am wondering what you guys think about the make of this bus and also just your general thoughts. Thanks
Brand: Ford E-350 Econo, 2005, Diesel, 6,0 L engine
KM: 205 000 (little for a diesel)
Asking price: $ 9

hello! I'm selling my skoolie, to be resumed in the process of conversion. ☺️ I'm parting with my wife, also the project is falling to the water, but I hope to find him such passionate people. is only us to take back the torch!

We bought it last spring for $ 14 (see both photos, it was already 'turnkey') and decided to redo the kitchen and bench modules to our liking, to make it more economical. All or almost all materials are purchased, but since the modules aren't ' back ', I'm dropping the price to $ 9 (We've put over $ 2 in conversion so far) ..

⚡️ The electric circuit is already installed, it's energy autonomous (it was important for us, who wanted to live for a year indoors and go around North America). It has 330 W of NINE solar panels (installed on roof, $ 1, invoice in support), two deep discharge batteries NEW as well.

The former owner was DJ, so the skoolie is equipped with a mega 1 600 W sound system excellent pioneer (I admit, initially I was skeptical, but on the road it's SO HOT to have a walking nightclub, hihi! ), I also have the bill for it.

Comes with TOILETTE dometic (tested and approved 😜), propane oven / POELE, LAVABO, FRIGO dometic 3 way (so propane and electricity, I picked it up from my dads aunty trailer, but I thought I was selling it for buy a small electric fridge only, it's up to you! The electric bus system was thought for this) etc., etc. EVERYTHING IS NINE (except the fridge, obviously)

I'm giving away EVERYTHING with (propane heater, mosquito nets, foams for benches, bed mattresses, fabrics for curtains, materials, table, lights (LED), extra seatbelts, etc., etc. )))

We bought new custom made countertops (see photo), all we have to do is install them.

💧 Basically all it's missing is a water tank for running water. To see the system you like most!

We painted the bus WHITE this summer, only a few little touches left to do. No rusts except in the corner of the foot walk, a little grinder and a new plate and it will be sorted!

The mechanics is A-1, it runs like a charm! (inspection done to buy, and I won't sell it either without you doing an inspection, that's the least thing 😊). The TIRES are new, they only ask to swallow miles!

Serious buyers please. I'd like to sell before winter (yes! ), hence the reason behind the price drop, and also because you don't have to be afraid to work with your hands to rebuild the kitchen (I know it scares a few, but oh well, as they say with a skoolie... It's never over! ) I kept in touch with the former owner of the bus, and if ever I can put you in touch if you have any more questions about his history.

PS: the ceiling height is about 5'4, I'm going back up because I'm small but... this detail will have to be taken into consideration for you! 😜
PPS: I'm in Sherbrooke 💚
Do You have any picture? of your work?
Dingbat is offline   Reply With Quote