Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-15-2010, 09:13 PM   #1
Skoolie

Year: 1983
Coachwork: International
Chassis: Carpenter
Engine: 8.3
Bus vs. Hummer picture

Hey thought everyone would enjoy this... We really do have the road advantage!

http://pics.blameitonthevoices.com/0320 ... ol_bus.jpg

Old 01-15-2010, 10:18 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Re: Bus vs. Hummer picture

I thought we have this pic in the gallery already...
Sojakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 02:48 AM   #3
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojakai
I thought we have this pic in the gallery already...
Yeah I seen it in there the other day. but its still a good pic and proof how tough a bus is and how cheap they are making the hummers now days. based on that pic I'm guessing the driver and any front passenger didn't make it out alive. than again I have seen some accidents where the car was a giant crumpled up ball and the driver walked away without a scratch.

Chris
thesaltydog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 03:17 AM   #4
Bus Nut

Well, its a Civilian Hummer. Which means that it wasnt built with the same standards as the Military Version. They changed the suspension for one. I remember a few years ago when they said that the H2s were going to have different suspension because people kept rolling them over. The way I understand it, Military Hummers use higher grade metal for the frame and body, while Civilian models use standard car grade stuff.
Sojakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 11:03 AM   #5
Skoolie

Year: 1983
Coachwork: International
Chassis: Carpenter
Engine: 8.3

I hadn't seen the picture sorry for the double post I just liked the peace of mind it brought. It made my wife feel much safer about our skoolie. I'm not as worried about the grade of metal or the fact that it's a wimpy version of the real deal. To me it is a larger public vehicle and it's nice to have evidenced the reality of a bus and it's safety in a crash.

I drive for a living and the general public's ability to handle cars safely is something I see less of daily. I see multiple wrecks every day and most of the time if they left a larger space between their car and others there would have been no issue, or if they would have put down the phone and stopped talking or texting and focused on driving again they would be able to control their car.

Just my 2 cents...
Old 01-16-2010, 11:40 AM   #6
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojakai
Well, its a Civilian Hummer. Which means that it wasnt built with the same standards as the Military Version. They changed the suspension for one. I remember a few years ago when they said that the H2s were going to have different suspension because people kept rolling them over. The way I understand it, Military Hummers use higher grade metal for the frame and body, while Civilian models use standard car grade stuff.
First off the h2, and h3, or any other variant past h1 to me are not considered a hummer. just a fat suv with horrible gas mileage. I drove a lot of Humvee's when I was in the Army they are beefier, stronger, and can take one hell of a beating. The military Humvee and the civilian H1 were both produced by Am General. Obviously there were minor differences between them but both used the same type of metal. Once GM got involved GM threw in the H2, H3, crap.

Chris
thesaltydog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 05:30 PM   #7
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 88
Engine: 7.3 international

the H2 and H3 have NOTHING in common with the humvee or the H1 except the there is an H in their names. think of an H2 as a tahoe with worse gas mileage and visibility and you've got it's closest relative.