Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2020, 08:29 AM   #21

Year: 1996
Coachwork: American Transportation Corporation
Chassis: International
Engine: 7.3 Navistar T444E
My 1996 International 8 window with a GVWR of 23440 came in on the scales at 13100 with all the seats out.

Martini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 09:50 AM   #22
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
My 1996 International 8 window with a GVWR of 23440 came in on the scales at 13100 with all the seats out.
First accurate believable post on bus weight, Congratulations.
orangebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 12:09 PM   #23

Thanks everyone. I may be going a different route, but the info here is still going to be useful.
Lumpy5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 12:39 PM   #24
Skoolie

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: Supercoach
Engine: 6-71TA
Rated Cap: 90
I am seeing posts where people are providing others with inaccurate information regarding drivers license requirements. No CDL is required unless used commercially, hence the acronym CDL (Commercial Drivers License). The Bus should be retitled in the domicile state as an RV or whatever the name the state uses to refer to an RV. Afterwards, a class C should suffice unless the state has additional requirements.

There are several states that require a NON-CDL class B license and possibly other endorsements (air brakes etc.). A class B is for vehicles with a GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating) of 26001+ lbs. The GVWR is NOT the weight of the Bus but the max weight it was designed to carry. Texas and Kansas are two examples of states which require a NON CDL Class B and an air brake endorsement regardless whether titled as an RV. One should always verify with the state they are licensed to make sure they are in compliance.
GWRider is offline   Reply With Quote