Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-11-2015, 02:46 PM   #1

Can you drop the floor on an E450 school bus?

Hi
I am new here and DID search first for this but cannot find it!

Can you drop the floor on a short bus like this Ford Bluebird (http://www.truckpaper.com/listingsde...x?OHID=6387745). I've read a lot about raising the roofs on standard types of school buses, and have read about dropping floors in standard types of vans, but haven't seen anything about dropping the floor in this type of "van" that's used in the transportation industry including schools.

I haven't had the chance to crawl under one just yet, but it appears that there is a lot of space between the frame rails and the outside wall, but I'm not sure about above the frame rails if there is room to drop the floor. I'm just trying to narrow down my options by asking those of you with more experience before I go traipsing about looking.

I do understand there are dozens, perhaps hundreds of options out there. I would appreciate specifically answers regarding the possibility of dropping the floor in this type of bus. If you choose to question my motives or intelligence for doing so I cannot stop you, but the question is specifically regarding dropping the floor on this type of bus.

Thanks!
Kate

Elisavaet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 11:18 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Eldorado Aerotech 24'
Chassis: Ford E-450 Cutaway Bus
Engine: 7.3L Powerstroke
Rated Cap: 19
On my E-450 cutaway the floor is maybe an inch above the top of the big cross supports. You probably could drop a small section of the floor but not make a dropped aisle between the frame rails.
roach711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 02:51 PM   #3

Thank you, that is exactly the information I needed. I'll scratch that possibility off my list!
Elisavaet is offline   Reply With Quote