Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-30-2009, 08:26 AM   #1
Bus Nut

Coachwork: Thomas
Ceiling Insulation

Correct me if I missed it but I didn't find a thread specific to this topic.

I'm looking for ideas on beefing up the topside insulation, inside and out. What I am considering at the moment is listed below so please toss me pros, cons, and suggestions. Bus will be south in winters, PNW in summers.

On the outside topside I want to do therma-cell reflective painting. Whether this cermaic-ball paint stuff has any true insulation value seems debatable by some, but I figure it isn't that expensive to add to a pot of paint.

Inside I was thinking of doing a coat of rustoleum then adding overlapping coverage of radiant barrier sheeting which will be covered by cork flooring tiles for added R and sound insulation qualities.

Inside the inside I have no idea. How hard is it to get into that area? Costly? I would rather not be replacing walls/ceilings/etc with plywood or laun stuff. Metal is much preferred.

Is there any plus to inserting radiant barrier btwn the inside/outside metal ceiling as to simply lining the inside with it?

Can fiberglass sheets of insulation be removed in there and easily slid back in perhaps?

Maybe spray foam insulation?

Are there other types of insulation I'm missing here?

Seeria is offline   Reply With Quote