Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2006, 07:10 PM   #1
Bus Crazy

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Ward Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/MT643
Rated Cap: 77
Much easier to buy a diesel-powered bus. A gas--->diesel repower is a gargantuan job.

Jarlaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 05:03 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

i agree might be cheaper to find a diesel pusher.....it all depends how much miles u put on if it's only a couple thousand u really have to do the math to se if it's worth it .....
For now happy cammping
Luch!
Mr Luchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 05:31 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Re: Changing Engines

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxecho
i am seriously regretting getting a gas engine

-E
Don't regret it, just make the best of what you've got. Those kids of yours aren't going to have any less fun because the bus doesn't have a deisel engine. I would have preferred a deisel also, but my gas bus just came along at the right time for the right price. It's part of the family now, like a red-headed stepchild, we accept it for what it is!
bdavis441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 11:52 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03
There are disadvantages to diesels too like the $70 oil changes (doing your own labor), the fuel filters, the need to waste fuel doing things like high idling for oil pressure or letting it idle before shutdown to cool the turbo, etc.

I would have been equally happy with a gasser I think, but my diesel came along at the right time for the right price. Thank your lucky stars that you'll never have to use that stupid primer on the injecter pump to prime it like I did the other night after it sucked some air. I spent an our doing the prime-bleed-prime-bleed-prime-bleed thing until I found the air leak. According to the manual if you get air in the system, best case scenario is that you "only" have to pump it 90 times. Go ahead and chew on that one for a while
Old 06-12-2006, 05:29 PM   #5
Bus Nut

that was just a figure of speech, I hope I didn't offend you, I apologize if I did.
bdavis441 is offline   Reply With Quote