Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2020, 03:57 PM   #1

Arrow Chevrolet Express 3500 School Bus - Interior sizes?

Hi Everyone,

New skoolie hopeful here!

I've spotted a Chevrolet Express 3500 school bus (6 windows) up for sale which looks ideal for a first conversion project, however, the seller hasn't specified the interior sizes and the bus is too far away to view in person unfortunately.

Feels like a waste to send a mechanic in to check the engine over if the sizes aren't right to begin with, so can anyone in the know help me out with the following dimensions?

Interior floor-ceiling height
Interior width
Interior length from back of driver's seat to back of bus (approx based on 6 windows)

Bonus points - The bus has a 6.6 L GM Duramax Diesel engine with 'automatic transmission' (described to be in good condition). If anyone's up for sharing any experience / advice on this particular engine, that would be much appreciated.

There's 220k miles on the clock and the vehicle year is 2007.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Dan

dmack27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 10:48 AM   #2

Curious if you ended up buying the bus or checking it out? I'm also looking for the interior height of the same vehicle, and struggling to find anywhere that lists it.

Thanks!
adamyadventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 09:37 AM   #3

Looking into the same model, size any info would be appreciated here to. Mostly concerned about head height
Mindinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 10:09 AM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 2007
Coachwork: Thomas Built
Chassis: Minotour
Engine: Chevy Express 3500 6.6l
The cutaway manufacturer, in this case Chevy, doesn’t manufacturer the bus body, so you need to know the bus body manufacturer.

You can’t really count windows to derive the length. I have a 5 window Thomas Minotour. It’s 14 feet long behind the driver seat. I measured a 6 window Collins when I was looking at buses and it was only 6 inches longer.

My Minotour that was built as a wheelchair bus has a center height of 6’2”. I think the Collins buses are taller inside and they have a flatter roof so more uniform side to side
Danjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 08:47 PM   #5

Year: 2002
Chassis: Thomas Freightliner
Engine: Cummins
Exclamation 2008 Chevy Collins/Midbus 3500

I’ve been searching for the height of a 2008 Midbus. I found out that Midbus is now Collins. I know what chassis I have so the attachment helped. The height seem to be the same… height at center is 77”.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SCHOOL BUS SPECS.pdf (1.32 MB, 51 views)
Mystique74 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chevy 3500, dimensions, duramax, interior height, school bus for sale