Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2014, 08:31 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1986
Coachwork: Crown
Conversion Company(s)

Does anyone know any company(s) that would help convert a Crown bus into a mobile soup kitchen. I recently joined a non-profit organization called Metro Relief. We currently operate a 1986 Crown bus and have converted it into a mobile soup kitchen. We are now ready to convert our 2nd bus but would like to have some professionals do it this go around. Any help would be appreciated.

Metro Relief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 01:38 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: Supercoach
Engine: DD6-71T
Rated Cap: 78
Re: Conversion Company(s)

I am using a company called BEAR in Hayward, California for help in the conversion of my 1988 Crown. Their website is below:

http://www.cabear.com/index.html

I don't know exactly where you are located. However, if you are Northern California, BEAR is the place to go. They converted a bus to a mobile command center for the Hayward Police Department (that is what I saw when I toured the facility and decided to use them). They recently turned an armored car into a new SWAT mobile vehicle for the police. Did a fabulous job.

They are helping me with the real heavy stuff and things that are above my mechanical abilities. They also do great body work and paint jobs. Check out my posts and you can see the great job they did on my bus.

Danville, California
https://www.transtraks.com
gmarvel is offline   Reply With Quote