Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2010, 08:41 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Converted Weights ?

I'm wondering what everyone's convered weight is. Surely it's less than a full passenger load.

danielm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:04 AM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Re: Converted Weights ?

Imagine a bus load of that... stressful enough driving one empty.

I checked with the local dmv office regarding licensing a bus as a RV. They tell me I need to get the converted weight. Bus title shows it as 16K and a gvrw of 28K. I'm hoping I won't come near this when converted.

DVM requires me to drive the bus to the scales before they can change it to a RV. Can't 'legally' drive it until its registered and insured. Hmm... chicken before the egg kinda thing. I may be able t get a temp permit IF I can get it insured.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:25 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Re: Converted Weights ?

They all seem to be after revenue these days. We got the midnight parking ticket "blitz attack" here in theis North Texas town a few months ago. Been parking in the same place for years. Next ticket I get I'm gonna just refuse to pay and sit it out. Be damned if they get my hard earned money.

Found another bus to go look at this weekend. DT466 with a 7 speed, seller has already removed the seats so, I'm grabbing this one if it drives good and isn't eat up with rust.