Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2021, 04:35 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Chassis: Blue Bird
Engine: 6.7 Cummins
Cost to change hydraulic brake system?

Hi, looking to buy a 2013 Saf T Liner C2 with a 6.7L twin turbo Cummins. The owner says there is problem with the hydraulic brake system. At the very most how much could it cost to fully replace/repair?

Also I know these years have emissions problems, does anyone have experience deleting the dpf's on these, and how did it go and how much did it cost? Thanks

CompLexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 05:16 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
chances are when a 2013 bus is for sale so soon that the cost to repair is pretty high... i dont know on the C2 specifically but I know somew of the IC brake controllers are a couple grand if they go out.. if the brakes work fine and the ABS is broken then you can make the choice to drive without ABS or to take it in and get an estimate.. its really tough to estimate a cost not knowing what is broken..

as for a delete im guessing you will not find a shop in canada to do it.. I think inspections are much mroe stringent than they are in some of the USA states..
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 05:27 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Chassis: Blue Bird
Engine: 6.7 Cummins
Ok, if I could get an idea of a range of what it could cost in best case and worst case scenarios would be perfect. Everything else on the bus fits what we are looking for and is priced right.

We had our Sprinter DPF deleted without any problems so I am guessing the bus shouldn't be an issue
CompLexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 02:30 PM   #4
Skoolie

Year: 2006
Coachwork: Cheverolet
Chassis: 3500 Express
Engine: 6.0L V8 Gas
Quote:
Originally Posted by CompLexxx View Post
Ok, if I could get an idea of a range of what it could cost in best case and worst case scenarios would be perfect. Everything else on the bus fits what we are looking for and is priced right.

We had our Sprinter DPF deleted without any problems so I am guessing the bus shouldn't be an issue
Is it possible to do that on busses as well? Delete the DPF?
buslivesmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 05:00 AM   #5
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
It’s possible to delete them, not easy to find a shop to do it as the feds are cracking down hard esp with Biden beefing up climate bs. The easiest way is to burn an export calibration into the ECM for a country that hadn’t yet required dpf .. the cals can be found various places on the main and dark webs.

But really woth most skoolies taking long trips a well cared for dpf won’t be a big issue. Short trips or quick idle sessions that don’t fully warm it up harm the dpf the most
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote