Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-25-2009, 11:32 AM   #1
Skoolie

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Chevy
Chassis: Bluebird
Rated Cap: 16
Couches/Benches

I am really torn on what to get to put inside my mini-skoolie. I've found a website where I can make a custom made mini-sectional for about $600. My friend and I are debating building a bench, and using bus seats as the seats and creating room for storage underneath while not having to pay $600. My concern is that the bus seats might be tough to work with (even if you use three-seaters from another bus) and if you buy bench cushions those get pricey and it's basically the same cost as just buying a couch. I am really split on this descision and looking for advice. I just feel like the sectional is easier and you know what you're getting. I don't even know what the heck I'd store underneath the wooden bench we would make, and if it's only a $50 difference I don't think it's worth it. Any ideas?

Old 11-25-2009, 10:34 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Re: Couches/Benches

check out the rv surplus places, I bought new old stock/surplus couch/bed cushions and a set of dinette cushions upholstered on 1 side and vinal on the other cheap, still wrapped in plastic from the factory. IIRC mine came from rv surplus salvage in Elkart In. also try Bontrager's and tri state surplus in southern Mi.

personally, I like the long sofabed cushion with a narrow back cushion for sleeping comfort, it also works good in the back of the minivan on a long roadtrip.
paul iossi is offline   Reply With Quote