Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2017, 05:51 PM   #1
Skoolie

Year: 2001
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: A3RE
Engine: 3126 Cat
Rated Cap: 33220 GVwR
Covering the Rear interior section of the bus

Hey guys,
Got a quick question for you for Anybody who has a Bluebird A3RE. anything with a rear engine, an pusher? Are you guys going to completely covering the back usually the bedroom? Is there any reason I would have to leave like access to those humps back there to access the engine or anything?

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

Don't Fret God's Not Through With Me Yet!
IWC Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 06:12 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 2000
Chassis: Blue Bird
Engine: ISC 8.3
Maybe a picture would help visualize what you're asking about.

At the bottom of the side walls, where they run into the top of the engine compartment, there is sometimes something built out toward the centerline of the bus. That's usually ducting for the engine's air intake. If you check the exterior of the bus you'll probably find a louvered panel above that area. These ducts could be covered in the conversion as there's nothing but air in them.

In the middle of the bus, between the two rear rows of seats, there's sometimes a bit of a hump bolted down. I believe that's just to discourage people from trying to sit in that spot. It can be removed.

Below that hump there's a rectangular panel in the lower horizontal part of the engine compartment cover and rising up the slope toward the upper part of the engine cover. That's an access for engine work such as valve adjustment. It might be handy to keep that one in such a way that it's not too hard to access.
family wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 07:18 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Bluebird
Engine: 5.9 Cummins 24v
Rated Cap: 72 pax
On my 2002 All American re there is a access panel in the middle of that hump. It isn't critical to reach every part of the engine but it sure would make it easy if I ever had to get into the injectors at that end of the motor.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Njsurf73 is offline   Reply With Quote