Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2019, 01:05 PM   #1
Almost There

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Crown Supercoach Series II
Engine: Detroit 6V92TAC
Crown 6v92 batteries, manual

Hi, it's been about a year and half since I have been on. Brief history. I bought this Crown Supercoach II 6v92 and converted it very minimally and drove it from California to NM. I was pressed for time but I bought land and here it is. Now I have time but very little money until I flip the property and then I get to drive it for real.

What I need is to learn to work on what I can. When I got here, I had battery problems. All 4 batteries need replacing. I'm assuming it's a 24v system. Should I try and just do 2 batteries in series or do the 4 in series/parallel?

Next, I need a manual. Someone offered to Xerox one if I drove there but I couldn't afford to. My system has quirks. One being that there are cylinders in storage compartment for a diesel LP (?) system. The other is that I know it's a turbo but I don't see any acronym printed on placard to indicate this or any other anomalies with engine.

I'm hoping to replace the 4 batteries, get knowledge on 2strokes or specifically 6v92 and test things as much as possible before taking it to a 2 stroke diesel mechanic.

Thank you for input.

yello is offline   Reply With Quote