Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2018, 07:43 PM   #1
Skoolie

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 40' MVP-ER
Engine: Cat 3126
Question Current state of bus auctions....

Hello all...

So, I have been looking to buy a bus now for a couple of months.

Have decided on a Thomas 78" ceiling or a International/Amtran RE300 for its 78" ceiling also.

I have shown many buses and asked opinions on several buses and I appreciate all the feedback.

Some of that feedback indicates that the buses I'm looking at are "too much money for not enough bus, I got MY bus for $x.xx!"

While I'd love to find my unicorn for cheap I'm thinking the used/auction bus market might be changing???

Friday night I settled in to my easy chair and prepared to do battle over a group of 2006 Thomas's in Washington State. I figured with my budget of $7500 I might be a bus owner. NOPE.

The buses went as high as $14+k!!! WTF!!!!

I'm curious. IS the market changing? Am I looking for too good of a bus?
Do I NEED a $14K bus?? I'm not getting discouraged but Friday was a reality check!!!

I'd love to hear your thoughts...

-Shay

shaymcquaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 07:52 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
I'd be looking for a 2003 or older.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 08:49 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
My thoughts are these buses are like fish. There's a season for buses and the wholesale season just finished so pickings are scarce. Now we are dealing with retailers that benefited from the wholesale season. Then on top of that the buses we really want, big engines with 3060's with 6th unlocked, are a small percentage of whats available. I paid $3500 for mine and would not take double that for the way it sits
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 01:15 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaymcquaid View Post
Hello all...

So, I have been looking to buy a bus now for a couple of months.

Have decided on a Thomas 78" ceiling or a International/Amtran RE300 for its 78" ceiling also.

I have shown many buses and asked opinions on several buses and I appreciate all the feedback.

Some of that feedback indicates that the buses I'm looking at are "too much money for not enough bus, I got MY bus for $x.xx!"

While I'd love to find my unicorn for cheap I'm thinking the used/auction bus market might be changing???

Friday night I settled in to my easy chair and prepared to do battle over a group of 2006 Thomas's in Washington State. I figured with my budget of $7500 I might be a bus owner. NOPE.

The buses went as high as $14+k!!! WTF!!!!

I'm curious. IS the market changing? Am I looking for too good of a bus?
Do I NEED a $14K bus?? I'm not getting discouraged but Friday was a reality check!!!

I'd love to hear your thoughts...

-Shay
Don't get discouraged. I think that cheap good buses still there. If you stay positive and BELIEVE you will find yours will definitely. The name of the game is to stay focus and positive.
Keep searching. I know mine is somewhere out there. I'm working on my plans and design at this time, so when it comes I'm ready to convert it.
Good LucK!
ICBEYONDTHELIMITS is offline   Reply With Quote