Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2020, 10:24 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Denver CO Builder needed

I sold my bus to a very nice lady who's making it a mobile clinic for animal prosthetics. My build was solid but she needs to tear out like 50% and reconfigure the interior. We are already starting on our next bus and I don't have time for both. I'd be available to answer any questions about the build.

2003 E350 Super Duty 21 foot transit bus

She needs:

Roof top a/c unit installed. I left a space in the framing so it's easy to cut through the fiberglass and fit it.

Rear hitch installed with caddy for generator.

Generator on rear caddy with pass through for wiring, 110v hookups for a couple tools and the rooftop ac

400w solar, inverter etc. Has a couple 420ah deep cycles but might want to swap those to golf cart or AGM batteries for space. Wiring needs to be relocated, isolator installed from alternator to avoid interference with solar. Has a switch but isolator would avoid forgetting to disconnect.

Small rebuild of the floor where handicap ramp is being uninstalled. Removal of secondary heater, just needs tubing couple after removal. Relocating diesel heater, just small hole in floor and repair old location.

Total I'm estimating about 10-12 days of work going at it full time with parts on hand.

Alternately if your in the nearby area Abq/Phoenix etc she might be able to drive out and then pick up. The 'pro' builder quoted her an insane price. Might be a couple items I didn't mention. I'm going to link her to the thread so she can register and respond too.

Super nice lady, does good stuff for pets I'm sure there's a quality builder on here who can take the job, do it well and get paid for the effort.

Cheers.

Blcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 04:02 PM   #2

Hi Thanks for posting this for me.
I am a veterinarian starting my own mobile practice. I see canine athletes like fly ball, agility, dock dog, sled dogs, etc as well as disabled dogs in need of custom braces and prosthetic legs. The van will be my clinic and shop. I am working to get this transit bus ready to see canine patients by September latest.

I definitely need help with the electrical set up. Likely to pull of the cabinetry myself, but would entertain someone willing to tackle the whole job.

Please reach out with any ideas.
Kind regards
pm2dvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 05:34 AM   #3

Year: 2004
Chassis: Gillig Low Floor Bus
Engine: Cummins 8.3 ISC
You could contact Charlie kern of chrome yellow corp. A non profit . He might be able to help you. Google for their number. He is in commerce city I think.
Marty
dogeron52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 06:53 AM   #4

Thank you!!
pm2dvm is offline   Reply With Quote