Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2020, 08:32 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2003
Coachwork: Blue Bird All American
Engine: Cummins
Rated Cap: 27
Door air lock removal

Hello 👋

So basically we want remove the front door and replace it with a standard House door. My concern is fooling around with these air lock pump things, removing them, and it effecting the whole air system.

I’m guessing we would have to plug off where we cut the air hose. This is all assuming everything runs from one air tank (Breaks, drivers seat adjustments, front door).

I’ve seen people do it to their buses so I assume it’s a simple answer but I thought this would be the right place to ask.

Does anyone know the removal process?

Really appreciate any suggestions!
Attached Thumbnails
C204D2E2-B14F-4AD0-955E-96E1EEE75BEE.jpg   AE150737-EEE9-4C80-B4A9-0F978834A3C9.jpg  

Shawn & Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 11:13 AM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Year: Don'
Coachwork: Don't have one yet
Chassis: Don't have one yet
Engine: Don't have one yet
Rated Cap: Don't have one yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn & Ash View Post
Hello 👋

So basically we want remove the front door and replace it with a standard House door. My concern is fooling around with these air lock pump things, removing them, and it effecting the whole air system.

I’m guessing we would have to plug off where we cut the air hose. This is all assuming everything runs from one air tank (Breaks, drivers seat adjustments, front door).

I’ve seen people do it to their buses so I assume it’s a simple answer but I thought this would be the right place to ask.

Does anyone know the removal process?

Really appreciate any suggestions!
DId you ever figure this out?
MarkCHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 11:53 AM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 2003
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC2000 28ft
Engine: Cummins ISB 5.9 24v, MD3060
Rated Cap: 14
Mine had a manifold under the steering gear. I let all the air out of the front tank. Pulled out the 1/4 tube for the stopsign and 1/4 tube going up to the door. For the quick fix, I just connected them together at the manifold. Then you can remove all the airlines and cylinder above the door.

I have since gone back and used the 3/8 threaded connector at the manifold to add quick couplers for my air tools.
fo4imtippin is offline   Reply With Quote