Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-24-2007, 07:47 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1971
Coachwork: Superior
Chassis: International Harvester
Engine: 304
Rated Cap: 60
door gasketry?

Here's a new one...

Our plan for Declaration of Independence is to keep the school-bus door. It works, and if gasketed better, should be fine, particularly with how well-insulated this booger is gonna be (read: an RV door isn't going to make *that* big a difference.).

But the gasket works that are on there now are old, dry, cracked, broken...

Anyone have any idea where to find this kind of stuff? I've seen that TAC (http://www.tacbusparts.com/index.asp) has them for many sorts of busses, but my buggy is a Superior, and they ain't been made for years and years. Is this gasketry pretty standard stuff?

If someone has some that they took off of a bus, whilst replacing the door, that they're willing to sell for reasonable money, let me know, and we'll compare notes to see if it'll fit. I have sketches of all four types that I can fax, or post, if someone needs to see. There are three in particular that are giving me fits--sweeps in the "middle" of both doors, where they face each other, and one that covers the aft door hinges. The forward door opens out, the aft door opens in. All the leverworks and such work fine, which is part of why I'm trying to save this door.

Any ideas anyone has will be welcome!

Thanks bunches,

--Dave

skooliedave is offline   Reply With Quote