Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2012, 07:43 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 1981
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Ford B-600
Engine: Ford 370 Propane
Rated Cap: 48
Driver's seat

Anyone have any luck finding a good replacement driver's seat that mounts to the flat floor on many of our buses? I was hoping to upgrade my very uncomfortable 'metal frame with foam over plywood' that they call a seat with something a bit nicer. Possibly a seat from an Cadillac Escalade or a Lincoln Navigator or whatever I may find at the local car graveyard. I also want to replace the steering wheel since it is so big it hits my legs when I am seated and I barely have enough room for my knees when I operate the pedals, and that's with the seat as low and as far back as it goes!

jkindt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:38 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1935
Coachwork: Superior
Chassis: Chevy
Engine: 317 ci/tid / Isuzu
Re: Driver's seat

You might look at an old sticks and staples as many of them had pretty good driver/passenger seats which bolted to a flat floor. Most had tilt and turn and recline and even seat belts.
ol trunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:45 AM   #3
Bus Crazy

Re: Driver's seat

it is not hard to fab up a frame that goes to the original bolt pattern to a flat floor pattern with some 1" square tubing and a mig.
or cut the seat frame attach mounts and go from there. i never consider the bolt pattern on the seat frame or if it has a lower front attaching points, etc. i just build my own to fit the vehicle they go in.