Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2018, 07:48 PM   #1
New Member
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 3
Arrow Driving a bus home after purchase...

Do I need a CDL to drive home a bus to convert it or is there a grace period in WI possibly from out of state...??? I heard that I could have it registered as a Food Truck or RV. I am planing on converting it into a mobile restaurant
keiken ramen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 08:02 PM   #2
Bus Geek
EastCoastCB's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 22,291
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 08:05 PM   #3
Bus Geek
o1marc's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 9,030
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
In Michigan in CDL exceptions it says:
Individuals: Operating motor homes or other vehicles used exclusively to transport personal possessions or family members, for non-business purposes.

I think a bus clearly fits that description, regardless of weight.
You will need a CDL to drive it after it's a commercial food truck. You won't as an RV need a CDL, but I don't think you'll be able to sell food out of your "RV".
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.