I don't weld, so I used epoxy glue, the slow-curing kind. I used Rustoleum primer for very rusty metal, and then put one coat of Rust-oleum gloss enamel, then I glued the primered patches in place after that.
The next day I ran beads of dynatron 570 [white] every where they ran beads of dynatron at the bluebird factory when they built my bus in the spring of 1995. Then, after letting it cure for 48 hours. I put one last coat of gloss black on everything, including the dynatron.
The paint that was on the dynatron was tacky to the touch for 10 or 11 days. But it turned out OK. I still haven't got the insulation down. I'm still prepping. When I ripped up the OEM plywood floor, I noticed that some of the plywood was painted white on the downside, and some was not painted. There was a very dramatic difference in the level of deterioration the painted panels showed when compared to the unpainted. I still have a piece I use it for laying on instead of lying in the leaves and dirt where the bus is parked. Most of the unpainted plywood was completely rotten.
So I am painting all the wood I am using in the floor. The plywood is getting painted with primer and topcoat on the down side, and I'm not sure about what I will do with the upside of the plywood. My foamular is 1.5 inches, and I'm putting 2X4s around the outside of the floor and along all the joints between plywood panels. Of course all the 2X4s are getting painted white too. I will use both Loctite PL 300 and PL 400, because the PL 400 for subfloors has a reaction with xps boards.