Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2006, 07:49 PM   #1
Skoolie

Electric Water Heater

Hi guys

I was thinking of just installing a 6 gallon electric water heater but they want like 175 bux for one what are others using? I have a used propane WH but dont want to have propane on my bus conversion I want a all electric setup...

Thanks in advance

hoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 09:27 PM   #2

water heater

I know you can purchase a 4 gallon ariston point of use water heater on amazon.com for 139.99 with free shiopping because i just bought one a month ago. you can get a 6 gallon for 167.91, but the shipping isn't free. I haven't hooked it up but i've had it recommended to me by a couple people.
Black Betty Driver 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:19 PM   #3
wtd
Bus Nut

Year: 1982
Coachwork: Thomas TransitLiner
I use an Ariston 4 gal. Got it at Lowe's for about the same price mentioned in the previous message. Takes about 20 minutes to heat the water from dead cold to when the thermostat shuts it off. Has an on-off switch and I just flip it on in the morning when I run the generator to charge batteries and make coffee. Water stays useably hot all day, but I don't use much. Easy to install, just a hot and cold connection and comes with brackets so you can mount it on the wall, mine's in the cabinet under the kitchen sink. If you just want hot water at the sink, just tee into the cold water line under the sink, add a male adapter to the tee, connect two supply tubes, plug it in and you're done. Takes up about as much room as a dishpan stood on end.
Long as you don't have a particular affection for long, luxurious showers it seems to be adequate.

Tom
Old 04-26-2006, 09:29 PM   #4
Skoolie

Thanks you guys are the best that looks like just what I need.
hoser is offline   Reply With Quote