Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2006, 11:22 AM   #1
Skoolie

Engine Question

Hi Folks...
hoping someone can point me in the right direction here.
Where would I look to find out what type/size engine I have?
It's a GMC 6000 series bus ?????
Thanks ...
Michael & Millie

Old 11-07-2006, 12:54 PM   #2
Bus Nut

A really tough question

The best suggestion would be to drive your bus to any place where there are big trucks. Go inside the shop and ask for some help. Give some mechanic $20. Time is money. Make a list of things you want to know. Go to several shops just near lunchtime. Be polite and friendly. These same folks may be of some value/service at a later time. Crown buses are great. Frank
frank-id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 03:28 PM   #3
Skoolie

Thanks guys.....
Just wondering though ...should'nt something be stamped somewhere on the bus that will let me know what I have under the Hood?
I looked a bit cant find anything yet ...
Old 11-08-2006, 06:30 AM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

I'd been trying to find out what I had in my S-1700 since it wasn't listed anywhere I could find. Seller said a D350 but the good folks here let me know that wasn't correct. Looking for the reason the bus won't start without ether I finally crawled around under the hood enough to clean the engine up some and low and behold there was a sticker on the valve cover. It was covered with so much dust you couldn't see it until I got it cleaned off.
Busme
BusMe is offline   Reply With Quote