Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2020, 04:55 PM   #1

Year: 2009
Chassis: Blue Bird All-American
Engine: 8.3L Cummins Turbo
Engine stopping

I have a 2009 Bluebird with a rear, Cummins 8.3L turbo diesel. I have removed the coolant lines to the front of the bus and created a closed loop. I drained the system and was restarting with flush in the coolant system. After less than five minutes the "Engine warn," light came on and then the engine turns off.

I removed all of the wiring that was travelling along the coolant line route except for a thin line that appears to be grounded to the rear metal plate where the coolant lines attached. This is where I have the closed loop for now. Do I need to disconnect that last wire? Do I need to bypass a sensor to the front of the system? Thanks in advance for any help.

ShieldUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 05:17 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: IH
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 14
High likelihood the "Engine Warn" is because a sensor is detecting low coolant level. Yes, on newer vehicles, it will shut off the engine. I have no idea what wiring you removed, was there a sensor at that end of the system? (Probably not). There usually is a sensor on the "overflow tank", that's often the one that triggers the system.
Brad_SwiftFur is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
closed loop rad, engine stops, engine warn light