Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2012, 11:05 PM   #1
Bus Crazy

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Eldorado Aerotech 24'
Chassis: Ford E-450 Cutaway Bus
Engine: 7.3L Powerstroke
Rated Cap: 19
FANTASTIC VENT!!!

So I finally got around to testing the Fantastic Vent in my bus. It's quiet, has three speeds, blows in and out, seems well engineered and basically works very well, but the trim ring is all busted up and the dome got scratched up when the previous driver tried to drive a 10' 6" bus under something with 10' 5" clearance.

Anyway, I called Fantastic Vent to order new parts and told the Bob-the-parts-guy I needed the trim ring and wanted a price for the dome. He said that the dome was exactly the same price as the trim ring. When I asked what THAT price might be he said "exactly zero." Apparently, the company decided to put their advertising budget into free replacement parts and let word of mouth do the advertising. The guy was even a bit appologetic about charging shipping to deliver the parts. I told him that I bought the bus second hand and was perfectly willing to pay for the parts (fair is fair) but, bottom line, they're on their way free of charge.

I had heard that this company was a stand-up act but this totally blew me away. I like their vent but the customer service is simply stellar.

Old 02-22-2012, 11:26 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: P35
Engine: 6.2l diesel
Re: FANTASTIC VENT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach711
I had heard that this company was a stand-up act but this totally blew me away. I like their vent but the customer service is simply stellar.
This is good to hear. I just ordered a Fantastic Fan to install in my bus, and it's comforting to know that if I experience problems, the company will be there for me.

The salesman at the RV store said that they are very popular and that they haven't had any complaints about them.
Boudreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:34 AM   #3
Bus Crazy

Fantastic vents are great. i don't have any yet.. am waiting to buy the solar panels n controller first.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:04 AM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 1992
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: All American RE
Engine: 8.3 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72

That is great news! Glad it's working out well for you.

I have 3 of the basic fantastic vents that are going into our bus. Pricey little buggers but from reading others comments it sure sounds like they work rather well.
syke is offline   Reply With Quote