Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2006, 02:36 PM   #1
Skoolie

Fantastic Voyage's exterior monitor box

I don't know if you've been in my message board under conversion projects(Bus is home...work begins) but I inadvertantly pulled all those plugs out disconnecting the lights from the monitor box. I did so w/o taking a picture of it prior to doing such a stupid thing. I did manage to get some lights working again by error and lots of wire following however, I don't want that box up (burned out, I think from the crossed wires) but do want the flashers, brake and signal lights (obviously!).

Can someone help? Perhaps someone here just did a bypass on the whole system so they could remove that box. I have 1990 International Ward Volunteer; loads of miles but well taken care of. I'd really like to do this myself so I can avoid having to take her into the shop however, that is a real possibility now that work in progressing faster.
Any thoughts, ideas, pictures or links to schematics would be so very awesome. Thanks guys and happy busing!

p.s.: pictures of my snaffu are in the gallery under Fantastic Voyage

----------------
1990 International Ward Volunteer "Fantastic Voyage"
pangaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 04:18 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Send a message via AIM to Steve
I think those boxes have relays and you would have to rig up you own relay and flasher units if you want to run the lights without it.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote