Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2014, 07:27 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1970
Coachwork: International
Finishing Touches - dark wood??

Hi all, my husband and I are updating and refinishing the double-decker International that we bought off craigslist and since we'll be living in it for an extended period of time we'd like to make it look homey.
The wood paneling that is in it now is like a light honey-oak color. We'd like to paint over the larger sections with an off-white paint and then do a dark trim and staining some of the cupboards a dark cherrywood, but we're worried about it looking too dark in such a small space. Does anybody have anything similar that they've done in theirs? Or suggestions for a color scheme that you love?

https://www.littlebusontheprairie.com
uswiththebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:11 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Eldorado Aerotech 24'
Chassis: Ford E-450 Cutaway Bus
Engine: 7.3L Powerstroke
Rated Cap: 19
Re: Finishing Touches - dark wood??

I'm a fan of light colors in confined spaces but some darker accents might look good. Find some paper that's about the same color your thinking of painting the cabs and tape it up. I'm not big on visualizing so I always try to mock up stuff before committing myself to some big change.
Old 02-16-2014, 08:25 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Eldorado Aerotech 24'
Chassis: Ford E-450 Cutaway Bus
Engine: 7.3L Powerstroke
Rated Cap: 19
Re: Finishing Touches - dark wood??

Here's a shot of a mirror frame I made for our rig. Seems to be similar to what you're considering.

Personally I lean toward smaller dark accents like a dark picture frame or accent edges on the cabinet doors.