Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2018, 08:25 PM   #21
Bus Crazy

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: Cat 3116
Rated Cap: 72
Anyone rolled a bus yet? C'mon we won't laugh...much

John

Old 08-01-2018, 08:39 PM   #22
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
Can he go after you?
Yes he can. And I certainly will not go to Wash. to defend myself. I would hope that the detailed explanation accompanied by my detailed photos in any reply to his filing against me will have the judge, or whomever reviews the cases beforehand, ROTFLTAO like we all did and know he's pulling a scam and toss the case before it goes to court. Worst case scenario is he wins a judgement against me and will play hell getting anything out of me. I can show only an income of $673/m in SS, and no assets in my name on paper. My bus is not in my name yet. I have a 97 Dodge Dakota daily driver that is on jack stands at the moment because while remove a wheel cylinder I sheared the brake line. So I'm stuck at the house till I get the other end of that line off and get one from O'R. And it's raining like a biatch here and it's out in the open driveway, next to the bus. I'm upside down in my mortgage with a heavy IRS lien against it. IRS doesn't even come after me because they know I have nothing they can take.
I'm not worried about it. I'd rather have that judgement against me than file a claim through my spotless record of insurance.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 08:48 PM   #23
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJohn View Post
Anyone rolled a bus yet? C'mon we won't laugh...much

John
I rolled my 62 Corvair Van on Christmas Eve once, does that count. Around 1972, Xmas Eve, coming home with a friend after just buying a "vaporizer" and was almost to my buddies house in a freezing rain storm with snow build up on the ground (think bad winter in Ct). I of course being the responsible 19yo at the time had bad tires and of course lost traction and slid across the road and hit the snow berm and flipped it all the way over back onto it's wheels. Knocked every single window out of a Greenbriar window van. We were able to push it back out onto the street just as the neighbor across the street came out and figured out what happen and yelled she was calling the police. We pushed it out and took off, winshiel wipers going with no windshield. Couldn't shut them off. Made it to his house and then home without intervention by any authorities. I worked at a state Mental Institution and lived in a dorm there. Used the bus for beer runs on weekends after that.
Old 08-01-2018, 08:55 PM   #24
Bus Crazy

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: Cat 3116
Rated Cap: 72
Nope, not a bus sorry. I lied, I did laff my arse off though, waste of a nice Corvair..

John
Old 08-01-2018, 09:05 PM   #25
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJohn View Post
Nope, not a bus sorry. I lied, I did laff my arse off though, waste of a nice Corvair..

John
Well it is my thread, so I allowed it. In hind sight that was my first ever purchased vehicle, paid $200 for it. A 10 year old car back then was not what a 10 year old car is today. It was worn out, and dead when I was done. Sure I would love to have that thing now. I could get $10K for it in the way it was when it went to salvage. My car before that in my Senior year high school I had given to me a 65 GTO from a drug dealer/drug counselor at the Nut House I would later work in. Drove that for a year after taking it to auto mech class and rebuilding the tranny and clutch. Drove that for a year, had the fastest car in school. The guy who gave it to me took it back when he found out I had it working again. He had it for a week before he tore it up again. Parked it in front of his moms house with no antifreeze in and cracked the block. The next car I bought was an 11 month old, with 11k miles on it, 73 Dodge Challenger. Sold it a couple years later. I'd give my left nut to have any of those 3 back. I'm not done with Corvairs though. The bus graveyard here has a couple I've made a deal on with the owner, gonna do a midship LS in one. After this first bus.