Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2019, 08:44 PM   #41
Bus Crazy

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzarco43 View Post
My wife stenciled "Grapes of Wrath Moving Company" on the first one and we got a lot of honks, waves, and thumbs up.
That's pretty good......I would've given you a thumbs-up also.

The Busted Flush
plfking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 09:40 PM   #42
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
The Joads and the Clampetts both knew how to maximize loading a vehicle.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 10:23 PM   #43
Bus Nut

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: CS RE
Engine: ISC 8.3 L 260 hp
Rated Cap: 36
I wouldn't detour to Canada just to avoid grades. Besides the air brake and transporting guns problems I believe their fuel prices are significantly higher. As someone else mentioned let the east coast mountains be practice for the big mountains in the west. Getting across Wyoming and Montana will have long grades.

If your in a hurry I'd drive interstate. Boring...yes but generally mild grades, lots of truck stops, towns and traffic if you have a break down. Also you don't have to slow down and stop at every small town you might encounter on a state highway.

If your in no hurry decide what you want to see along the way and plan your route accordingly. I'm sure there are navigation apps for truckers that would have grade information for interstates as well as state highways.

Sounds like it will be a fun adventure!

Ted
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 03:03 AM   #44

I'll tell you right away the sooner you start looking for tickets, the more likely it is to find access for a promotion or with a discount. I'm talking about finding a key on the official website. You may not find such good options at the ticket offices half an hour before the train departs. Rule two: don't rush to buy a regular standard fare ticket. In Germany, there are several lands and combined tickets that will significantly save your costs. And if you decide to go on a trip, check out all the information and schedule in advance on the website oebbfahrplan.com.
mariusjon is offline   Reply With Quote