Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2017, 11:48 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2004
Coachwork: IC RE
Chassis: International
Engine: DT530
Rated Cap: 84
Flooring Help

I am new to the forum and I am buying a International IC RE in the next few days. My first question is. Why don't more people have the International IC? It seems to me everyone seems to have Thomas or Blue Bird. I don't have an problem with either brand. I just think the International is the best looking bus out there. My second question is. Do you really need a sub floor put down? I am 6 foot and have little to no head room. If I need to do it it is fine, but what would be the thinnest you would recommend? Thank you in advance.

Papajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 11:54 AM   #2
Skoolie

Here's my thought, I did not pull up my floor at all I have a simple build mostly plywood two by fours and some Cabinetry right on top of the vinyl. I don't live in my bus so I'm not worried about the Heat or the cold so if you're going to be living in your bus you want to consider what some of these other major Builders have done to protect themselves from excessive heat or cold. Good luck[emoji6]
milkmanchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 12:03 PM   #3
Skoolie

Chassis: Sold
I have an IC / Amtran RE, your right they don't seem to be the most sought after. While I wish I had s full basement like other buses, in the end I think I'll be glad I have easy access to place stuff where ever.

I also like the simplicity of the mechanicals, it's just a 466 backwards, no transverse anything, gobs of space to work on the engine. Enough space where I'm tempted to make a "Outdoor" shower via the driver side engine access. Well, that part is just a thought, but maybe.

I will be ripping out my floor as I have soft spots. I also want to sound deaden the floor some more. You will want to pull your windows and re-seal them. It's not hard to do, just takes time.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
jctrembly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 12:32 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2004
Coachwork: IC RE
Chassis: International
Engine: DT530
Rated Cap: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by jctrembly View Post
I have an IC / Amtran RE, your right they don't seem to be the most sought after. While I wish I had s full basement like other buses, in the end I think I'll be glad I have easy access to place stuff where ever.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Ya They are great looking buses. I have driven one for work for years. They run and drive great too. Its interesting as to why not many seem to being converted. I know more people know the name Blue Bird, but they are some of the ugliest bus around in my opinion. To each there own.
Papajoe is offline   Reply With Quote