Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2009, 07:34 AM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Genesis
Engine: Detroit
Rated Cap: 14
Re: Floorplan brainstorming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogstar
The closets would have 18" of hanging space (that's how much I actually need for clothes that dont' handle being folded up well, like a couple of coats and some of my renn faire garb. ) and the rest would be filled up with shelves and cubbies, but they wouldn't be built in- they'd be such that I could pull them out for use in my vending space.
Do you follow the renn fair circuit? What stuff do you vend?

If you don't have a permanent shelter (like those used at the Maryland Faire), I'd recommend putting a deck on the top of your bus to add storage space. That will allow you to do a couple of things...
  • You'd have space to carry a tent, your goods in plastic bins, chairs, torches, fire pit, etc. By carrying your goods on your deck, you free up living space inside. Never underestimate the amount of living space you'll need, especially if you're on the road for several months out of the year.[/*:m19w4sz5]
  • Paint drop cloths to look like stone walls, attach them to the rails of the deck and transform your bus into a "castle" [/*:m19w4sz5]

Yeah, I'm a SCA/Renn nut myself.

Good luck, and take lotsa pictures when you get a bus!

TygerCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 04:39 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Genesis
Engine: Detroit
Rated Cap: 14
Re: Floorplan brainstorming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogstar
I don't think painted drop clothes would pass muster with most faire committees, anyway.
Oh definitely not for most of the serious renn faires. But it would draw a lot of attention out in the parking lot and/or campground (depending on your faire loc), and if you hang a shield advertising your wares inside the faire, the generated advertisement might do you good once the public is inside. Just a fun thought (that I've contemplated myself).
TygerCub is offline   Reply With Quote