Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2006, 08:23 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Coachwork: AmTran
Chassis: IHC
Engine: Dt360
Rated Cap: 19
Freshwater/Greywater/Propane/Electricity usage

Some figures based on our first 48 days of bus-living:

-70 gallons of freshwater lasts 8-9 days
-60 gallon greywater needs emptying every 7 days
-20 lb of propane lasts about 45 days (standard 20" gas range and on-demand water heater)
-We use 60 amp-hours/day, or 720 watt-hours (I work from home, and am on a desktop PC and satellite internet 8AM-5PM, 5 days a week.)

Just an FYI. This is for 2 adults and 1 cat.

Post your numbers if you want, fellow fulltimers. Help the newbies, wannabes and lurkers.

Sean

Old 09-17-2006, 09:32 PM   #2
Bus Nut

I don't have my numbers down like yours. I have a water electric site and for $3 the campground comes around with the honey wagon and takes care of my sewer for me!

As such, I've got 30 gal gray and 30 gal black tanks. I never fill the black tank, and use facilities showers so I can get by for a week and half on the gray tank (but I have it emptied every Saturday)... Propane...that's the big unknown, I've got a pair of 20# tanks, and usually can get at least 2 months out of each one if I only use it to heat water. Now keep in mind I run the water heater for about 10-15 mins per day, then I turn it off (DSI controlled). I do most of my cooking on a gas grill outside that utilizes a seperate propane tank.

Winter heating I use one or two electric space heaters, I set them on 600W setting (usually only use one unless it gets down into the teens). I have only a 30amp system, but two heaters at 600W uses less power than one of them at 1500W... both can run and still have lighting, the TV, and my laptop/WiFi...

You just might be a Redneck if...
...your motor home used to be a school bus!
...Your living room has a steering wheel!
...Your home has brake lights

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1989 Thomas Diesel Pusher (Cat 3208/Freightliner)
Chesapeake, Virginia
GoneCamping is offline   Reply With Quote